About our assessments
Our assessment and training team will work with the individual, family and involved professionals to identify and achieve goals to support the development of communication and learning, and facilitate greater independence.
Am I eligible for an NHS England assessment?
To be eligible for the NHS England Specialised AAC Services, a person must:
- Be resident in England
- Be registered with a GP practice in England
- Have a severe/complex communication difficulty associated with a range of physical, cognitive, learning, or sensory deficits
- Have a clear discrepancy between their level of understanding and their ability to speak
- Be able to understand the purpose of a communication aid
- Have developed beyond cause and effect understanding
- Link ideas/ semantic categories and syntactic functions beyond basic requests.
I am eligible for NHS England funded assessments
Learn more about how the Ace Centre can provide assessment, provision of equipment and long-term equipment maintenance support.View service >
I’m not eligible for NHS England funded assessments
Learn about the Ace Centre's partnership approach to assessment, identifying need, ongoing review and provision of support.View service >