Access Methods – Voice
Access Methods – Voice
From Ace Centre Learning
- Introductory level
- Places available
- Take this course online
Included in course bundles:
Access Methods (I) Bundle Discount
This bundle gives a discount on all five self-directed, introductory ‘Access Methods’ courses; five for the price of four.View bundle >
Learn about using voice as a method to control computers and electronic devices. This online course will consider the range of equipment available and the vocal, cognitive and visual skills that are required to use it reliably. This is a self-directed online study course. You can work through the activities in your own time, and it will be available for 3 months.
To summarise different ways that voice can be used to provide control of computers and electronic devices for typing and environmental controls. You will be introduced to the range of solutions available and how they can be used.
You will learn:
- The latest technology available for using speech to control devices
- A brief overview of the skills required to use voice efficiently
- What speech can and can’t do across the most popular devices
- How to use voice-controlled devices if you use augmentative & alternative communication (AAC)
Interactive online activities, videos and signposting to further information.
Anyone wanting to learn more about alternative access methods that may enable independent control of activities for people with physical disabilities. This online course will enable you to work towards the following:
- Aware of the role that technology can play in supporting education and participation
- Knowledge of a range of different access methods
- Aware of the underpinning knowledge required by the person using AT
- Aware of what AT is and that it can help people who have access and learning support needs
You will be required to use one of the following web browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari.
*All times shown are given in the UK timezone, on the date the course is run.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to our free newsletter to get emails about our latest Ace Centre Learning courses and other news.
You can earn an Ace Centre Learning certificate when you complete any of our courses.