Thank you for choosing to support Ace Centre.
We are so pleased to have your support; you can find plenty of helpful ideas here
Fundraising tips for success
Have fun! Pick an activity you are going to enjoy – don’t run a marathon if you’re better at baking cakes.
Plan ahead: Plan carefully and in advance – no need to stress about it.
Involve others: Gather a team of family, friends or colleagues to help to share the load, spur you on and put the fun in fundraising.
Aim high! Strange as it may seem, this will motivate you and encourage people to sponsor you – and we have that on firm authority from those who have already raised funds for us!
Engage supporters: Share your story, and let others know why you’re doing what you’re doing – and exactly how their donation will help. Think about what gets you to give when approached. Personal comments, photographs & videos of the people you’re supporting and your own activities are a great way of engaging others.
Spread the word: Not everyone has the cheek to ask directly so use these ideas to help:
- Ask people you trust to help you – they may be able to spread the word effectively
- Use the places you already go – workplace, pub, club, school.
- Set up an online fundraising page then email the link to distant friends, family, colleagues etc.
- Get social media savvy: set up a group or create an event on Facebook, post a series of tweets, Facebook statuses or Instagram photos to keep people up-to-date with your fundraising activity
Make it easy for people to give
- Set up an online fundraising page so donations are just a couple of clicks away Justgiving site, Virgin Money site
- Download a sponsorship form so you always have it with you when you meet a potential sponsor
Supersize your support:
- Gift Aid: You can raise 25% more as long as your donor is a taxpayer. Ask them to tick the Gift Aid box (on paper and online sponsorship forms).The UK government’s GiftAid scheme entitles charities to reclaim tax on eligible donations given to them; this means that the ACE Centre can claim an extra 25p for each £1 donated by a taxpayer, at no extra cost to them or you.Learn more about how Gift Aid works.
- Match funding: Many companies run a match funding scheme so they will contribute a percentage of the total sponsorship raised by their employees; some will even match the total raised! Just by asking, you could double the amount you make for the ACE centre.
Stay legal: There are some laws around raising funds, such as being very clear about where donations will go. Do ask us if you need any information.