- This event has passed.
PODD 2 Day Introductory Workshop – 2019
19th October 2019 - 20th October 2019£225 Entry
Aimed at family members, carers and professionals supporting individuals who use PODD communication systems, this two day introductory workshop discusses the teaching and learning strategies for implementing PODD.
- Day 1 – Saturday 19th October 2019: Registration from 8.30am, workshop runs from 9am to 4.30pm
- Day 2 – Sunday 20th October 2019: 9am to 4.30pm
- The challenges faced when creating communication systems in relation to vocabulary organisation, layout, design and range of access strategies and when customising systems to meet individual requirements.
- The importance of receptive language input and of creating a language learning environment.
- The features of a PODD communication system, including vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies, and how these can be customised to meet individual requirements.
- How to use PODD generic template resources to produce customised communication books.
Cost: £225 this includes course, manual and certificate. Please note that lunch will not be provided, although hot and cold drinks will be available. It is not possible to reserve places on this course without payment.
Booking Terms & Conditions – For terms and conditions – including cancellations, please see the information here.