Study Day – AAC for people with acquired communication needs.
26th March £50 Entry
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you supporting adults with communication needs?
Do you want to keep up to date in the latest technology and strategies?
Develop your knowledge and skills to empower the people you’re working with.
- AAC Screening and Assessment – screening tools to assess and measure communication needs
- Apps & Accessibility – getting the most out of your tablet device
- Paper-based strategies – a demonstration of alphabet resources and sign-posting to get you started!
- iBooks – help for users, their families and professionals to get started with AAC
- Richard Cave (RHN Putney, Compass Service): MNDA’s latest project to support people with Voice Banking
- Access to Communication and Technology (ACT) Birmingham: Message Banking and ideas to get the best results
- Jade Donnelly (neuro-physiotherapist, Southampton’s APS service): Atypical Parkinsonian Syndrome and how to maximise communication
Latest equipment and technology news from a range of AAC product companies and software suppliers – company teams on-hand to show you the latest AAC devices/resources available
- Resources to create your own AAC pack
- Be the first to see our new eBook to support adults with progressive condition
Date: Tuesday 26th March, 9.00-4.00.
Location: Ace Centre – South Office, Abingdon.
Cost: £50 including refreshments and a buffet lunch.