- This event has passed.
Designing and Using Text Based AAC for Children – Supporting Literacy (Abingdon)
January 24 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
Who should attend?
This session is for Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Speech and Language Therapists, Therapy Assistants and practitioners working with Children, who are developing literacy skills. The session will consider ways to adapt text based resources for people who find pointing difficult.
What will I learn?
- Give examples of the ways in which text based resources can be organised to suit the needs of the person
- Demonstrate how text based resources can be used with a wide range of access methods
- Explain the role of the communication partner and the importance of considering how they could support the individual to communicate autonomously
ACE Centre is committed to providing the best possible service for everyone. Ongoing evaluation of the work that we do is essential and your participation in this process is vital. We will ask you to provide information at three stages:
- Details about you at time of booking
- Feedback immediately after training event
- Reflection on practice at 3-6 months after completion of training
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated!