- This event has passed.
Create and Make – Look2Talk
20th November 2018£180 Entry
A one day course introducing Look2Talk guidance and supporting you to create a colour-encoded eye pointing communication book. This session will include guidance about who Look2Talk is suitable for and how to introduce encoding to access the vocabulary by eye pointing. You will be supported during the afternoon session to utilise the templates in Boardmaker V 6 or Boardmakeronline to edit, print and create the book.
Bring your own laptop to use on the day.
Purpose: To determine who a Look2Talk book would be suitable for, how to create and make the resource and how to begin to implement it.
Participants: Practitioners working with people who use AAC who are responsible for developing communication resources and enabling use of AAC across different environments
At the end of the session you will be able to:
- To identify who Look2Talk would be suitable for and why
- To teach encoded eye pointing as an access method for communication
- To manipulate Look2Talk templates in Boardmaker software to create a communication book
And you will take away:
- Look2Talk templates for an individual you have identified
- Sample pages printed
- Sample activities to implement the strategy
- Your own copy of ‘Look2Talk’.
Venue: Ace Centre (North Office)
Dates for Ace Centre (South Office) to follow
FREE copy of Look2Talk included!