Developing and Using a Communication Book (I)
To share information about Ace Centre’s ‘Developing and Using a Communication Book’ and explore how it is organised, and who it is suitable for. This session will consider the different Stages and how to select the appropriate Stage for an individual requiring a personalised communication book.
You will learn:
- How communication books differ from communication charts and when they might be required
- The key features of ‘Developing and Using a Communication Book’
- Who ‘Developing and using a Communication Book’ may be suitable for
- Where to go next with creating and making a book
Practitioners working with people who use AAC who are responsible for developing communication resources and enabling use of AAC across different environments. This course is working towards the following:
- Recognise when someone has communication support needs
- Aware of the need for a personalised assessment to identify the contribution AAC may make to an individual’s ability to communicate
A live webinar to introduce this resource and provide guidance about how to develop the book from templates.
You will be required to use one of the following web browsers for the live webinar: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, FireFox, Safari or Safari Mobile