AAC Assessment Tools for Children (D) 6th July 21
Develop your knowledge and skills to identify appropriate AAC solutions. This course explores the fundamental principles of AAC assessment and is suitable for people working with children and adults who may benefit from aided language systems.
The live webinar will run from 3.30pm-4.30pm. Online materials and activities will be available to work through until 4 weeks after the webinar.
Develop your knowledge and skills to identify appropriate AAC solutions. This course explores the fundamental principles of AAC assessment and is suitable for people working with children and young adults who required aided language systems.
You will learn:
- To recognise factors to consider in an AAC assessment
- To identify assessment questions to ask
- To consider the importance of documenting observations accurately;
- To evaluate tools to support AAC assessment.
Practitioners responsible for identifying AAC solutions for people with complex communication needs. This course will enable you to work towards the following:
- Able to carry out an informal AAC assessment with guidance and/or using an existing proforma
- Able to contribute observations to the more complex AAC assessment
- Able to identify when alternative accessing and mounting options may be required and seek support with this, when necessary
- Aware when a more specialised assessment would be beneficial
- Able to gather information, and to observe and make judgements in relation to whether or not an AAC system continues to be appropriate and to meet the needs and abilities of the individual
1 hr webinar and 4 weeks enrolment to self-directed learning materials. The webinar will be 3.30-4.40pm and a link to the course will be available when you log in.