Talk Together is a unique new way for a young people and their communication partners to work together. From the very beginning, this innovative vocabulary package encourages your involvement in modelling and supporting a developing vocabulary – all within a highly intuitive set of pages that enables young people say what they want. A wealth of on-screen support and ideas are available at the touch of a button at every stage, so there’s no need to constantly refer to the manual!
An eye-gaze optimised version, EyeTalk Together, is now available at no extra charge for purchasers of Talk Together for The Grid!
Talk Together will work with the Tobii Communicator 4 software, The Grid 2 software, and Dynavox Series 5 software on a wide range of suitable windows-compatible communication aids and computers. There are minor differences in layout and appearance between the different versions. It can be used with Widgit Literacy Symbols, PCS, or SymbolStix symbol libraries.
The vocabulary is designed to complement our bestselling Guide to Developing and Using a Communication Book, and the Sternberg award-winning Look2Talk guide to making a communication book for eye-pointing communicators.
Every page, like the food page shown below, has access to core words, describing words and action words, plus ‘My Help’ at Stages 4 and 5.
Below is a topic page from the the introductory stage:
And below is a section of tips page that accompanies it:
How to buy Talk Together
We don't sell Talk Together directly from the ACE Centre, as it depends on which communication software you're using:
- Integrated with a stage-by-stage guide that helps you develop a child-centred vocabulary, including how to introduce it, how to help young people learn, and how to support their developing skills.
- Emphasis on play, activities, and having fun.
- Multilevel page sets with a comprehensive prestored vocabulary and plenty of space for personalisation.
- Easy access to a stable core vocabulary from every topic page.
- The core vocabulary has been chosen to enable young people to achieve at speaking and listening P-Levels through to Level 1.
- Gives the child real ownership of the system and its content
- Switch and keyguard-friendly page design.
- Early literacy skills are encouraged and supported with phonic alphabets, storytelling and story reading pages.
Who is it for?
- Talk Together is ideal for children and young people who need to use symbols to communicate.
- Supports the vocabulary development of children and young people who have just begun to use a communication aid, through to more complex symbol use.
- Children and young people using a wide range of access methods, from touchscreens to switches.