Assistive Technology Unit
21st October 2020£800 Entry
Purpose: The AT Unit will provide you with an overview of Assistive Technology to support communication and learning and considers the assessment process for identifying an individual’s AT requirements. The course will be delivered online with content that you work through in your own time. Four additional live sessions will be themed around each of the areas of learning:
- Day 1 – AT Assessment
- Day 2 – Access and Control of Technology
- Day 3 – Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Day 4 – Recording Information
- Explain the Assistive Technology solutions to meet the needs of individuals with complex physical communication and learning disabilities.
- Analyse an individual’s need for Assistive Technology and evidence the need.
- Identify and select appropriate resources to meet the needs of individuals with complex needs whilst working as part of a team.
- Reflect on and evaluate the implementation of Assistive Technology solutions in a given setting.
Participants: Suitable for practitioners working with individuals with complex communication and learning needs. No entry requirements needed however this is an enhanced learning course and assumes prior knowledge and experience of Assistive Technology for communication and learning.
Dates for Live Sessions:
Wednesday 21st October 2020 (Live session 2-3.30 pm)
Wednesday 4th November 2020 (Live session 2-3.30 pm)
Thursday 19th November 2020 (Live session 2-3.30 pm)
Wednesday 2nd December 2020 (Live session 2-3.30 pm)